View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2013, 10:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by crackiedog View Post
As for the design. It really does nothing for me. I think they were trying to incorporate a "traditional" downtown St. John's feel with the colored portions but to me it looks like it wouldn't be out of place out on Stavanger Dr.
I think you're exactly right. The design looks, in fact, quite cheap (very Stavanger Drive-esque - particularly with reference to these pier-like elements protruding outward along New Gower). I also have a problem with these attempts of using different colours and 'rainbow' like colour schemes to try to give the design a local feel. We're seeing it more and more often. It's so literal and uncreative. It's just like 'hey, our town has houses that are different colours, so let's use different colours in our design!'... good grief - very superficial designing. Easy fail in Architecture school. There are also no windows and apertures in the entire New Gower façade (other than what appears to be a massive vent?).

*Shudders* this design looks so ghetto. Embarrassing. Civic buildings are supposed to be inspiring...