View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 22, 2010, 10:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstaleness View Post
Shannon Park is a must. With Trinity Harbour View going in up the hill now it would be nice if they had something nice to look at from up there. That something would be a Stadium of course! As much as I would like to see high-rises there I just don't think they would be an easy sell given that area has a power station and Bridge on either side of it. Noise pollution and the occasional smell from the NSP site would make it difficult. I suppose the stadium would face the smell but bridge noise would not be an issue.
Yum! Popcorn, Hot-Dogs and Power Plant. I can smell it now.
You might be able to incorporate residential if you used the stadium and some other things as a buffer between them. I'd also add that if that's going to go at that location - a ferry terminal will be a must.

I see Quinpool Road as an interesting spot that has potential - the same with the Canada Post site on Almond. If that had to move because it outgrew the site, it would be an amazing opportunity. That new condo building that went up near Sobey's could be a very good context to set for how the area could develop, with some office development thrown in. It's along a great number of bus routes so would be quite condusive to transit.