View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 4, 2017, 10:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the Genral View Post
Maybe not quite that long, if they get the green light, and it takes about a year, I would think they would have all their ducks lined up so they can get started and would want to get started right afterward. I do hate waiting for ground breaking on projects I like, and I do like this one. I'm not getting any younger.
This project needs PUD zoning. Despite the South Shore Central Framework Plan, it will remain controversial with Bouldin and their ANC allies. The zoning process alone could take a year. They will then need to get site plan approval, which will likely take at least a year as well. They could start site plan right away while zoning is pending, but if the zoning does prove to be controversial, Stream will be reluctant to invest too much money in the site plan process until they know they have their zoning. That is why I am predicting at least two years. How many recent projects (with appropriate zoning) broke ground within two years of announcement? With the exception of White Lodging hotels, not very many.