Thread: ReThink London
View Single Post
Old Posted Sep 14, 2012, 7:05 PM

http://www.lfpress.com/2012/09/14/fr...-london-better

An excellent article about the City I still love, appreciate, and will always call home. Would love an opportunity in the future to move back there and set my roots down in London, Ontario.

Quote:
POLL

Which of the following should be a priority to build the kind of city we want to live in - and to attract other so that London grows.

A river runs through it

Make the Thames and the forks - anchored by a thriving urban riverfront - the centrepiece of a city the world knows about.

I wanna go downtown

Make Dundas and Richmond the welcoming heart of a core that's safe and lively plant to live in or to visit from the suburbs.

School's out

Connect the dots - once and for all, and especially in the downtown area - between our London and the one the bright young minds of Western and Fanshawe have after a few years.

You can get there from here

Move people quickly, affordably and efficiently to London, from London, and in London on public transit.

The art of it all

Connect London's musical, dramatic and visual arts scene to thousands of ordinary Londoners who want to support the arts and be entertained - but don't. And aren't. More festivals? Fewer but bigger festivals? More venues? Bigger venues?

Un-sprawl

Control growth on the outer edges grow the city up before out through smart planning and urban design.

Feed the world

Need work? Forget the old manufacturing plays and zero in on what comes most natural around here - not to mention is chock full of high-tech, high-skill jobs for an educated workforce - food production.