View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 12, 2017, 3:41 AM
Fake News

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corndogger View Post

LOL! Your first sentence in the above paragraph is priceless. I can see why you were labeled as a hardcore leftist recently.
What exactly was hardcore leftist in what he said? It’s true. “Echo chamber” is used by the same people who troll while accusing everyone else of trolling and also sometimes use terms like “libtard”.

Quote:
A thread for every little diversion is not the solution. As for trolling, we obviously see things very differently. I'm not saying it doesn't happen because it definitely does. It's who's doing the trolling that we disagree on. I can live with it. I'd rather do my own moderating than have someone prescreen what I get to see. A big NO to that.
I actually kind of agree with this but feel that there are certain forumers that should have been banned long ago. Suburbia’s been better lately but he is definitely one of them along with Bad Grizzly and some of the newer members like Northern.

Quote:
Where does it say that this forum is dedicated to urban development? And the reason people like me bring up censorship and echo chamber is because it's happened before and it's exactly what you're calling for. Are you afraid that your posts aren't as brilliant as you think they are and you're going to get called out on them?
It’s implicit. Anyone who’s ever creeped this site for any amount of time before joining can see that.

Quote:
There you go again with the hardcore leftist ideas. You might as well recommend that anyone who disagrees with you be sent to a reeducation camp to purge them of any nonconforming ideas they might.

"Engaged moderation" will result in exactly what I'm warning about. After everyone who has any dissenting ideas is either banned or driven from this place you'll be left with an echo chamber. You might think that's for the best but it isn't.
There you go again. What did he say that was so radically leftwing? What, because he can string together a coherent sentence and make a compelling argument he’s one of them “fancy” and intellectual “elites”?