View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 2, 2018, 6:30 PM

They definitely failed Building 101 on this one. They had to have known all of this would be an issue. With respect to the retail, they increased it after complaints for inadequate amounts. Duh. I would have to think the delay and the legal battles have cost a pretty penny, and they would have done just as well had hey approached it differently even with maintaining facades and other concessions.

Quote:
Originally Posted by City Wide View Post
This could have been so much different from a PR basis-------and I think they could have easily avoided 95% of the controversy and probably would have been welcomed with open arms.
1. save the facades,-----a no brainer
2. included retail at least on the ground floor, so the idea of jewelers row might have continued
3. before releasing any designs they should have had a informational meeting with the neighbors (Washington Sq. west?) to hear just in general their concerns and worries and desires (something many developers do)
4. not try to play games with the lot lines and including a City alley in their plans
5. tried to include some parking (doubtful considering the site, but show that they tried)
6. if they wanted more height or other factors from the City they could have talked to the mayor/others before going public

And then as the first tower they are building in Philly, I think it would have served them well to have designed a much better building.

Does any of this directly make them more profit? Who knows. But they could have been under construction by now, and time equals money.

As it is I don't think you could have drawn a pre-construction roadmap as poorly as the one they have traveled. They've had problems from day 1 and in my observation not that many people like the project as it now stands.