View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 16, 2007, 1:03 PM

having family in Europe I know this wont just go away, its actually big out there and not just in Poland. its nice that Stockwell Day said hes not going to hold a separate investigation but I think the EU and Poland will in all probability exert enough pressure to make something happen about this. I mean this was even shown on CNN, and you know how much they care about events in Canada. anyways these police officers should loose their jobs plain and simple, maybe you could tack on a small severance package or what not to help them launch a new career. in any case I say this because being a RCMP officer comes with big responsibilities and consequences, there should be zero room for error and a 100% confidence in each officer, these officers clearly failed so they should be dismissed and someone else should take their place. what is truly sad is that its not easy to become a officer and the polygraph test they give you from what I hear is pretty intensive and unforgiving and doesn't leave any room for error, however it is almost impossible to ever loose your job once you have it. now sure i might understand in being very forgiving and not punishing officers and what not because in the end its important to make sure there is no incetive for the officers to lie...to the other officers...who are investigating them...who will never release the truth to the public. but i would think that in todays world will all the cameras and technology that it would be relatively hard enough for officers to lie even if there were more serious consequences, though obviously you would not be able to have the RCMP investigate themselves(some challenges in setting this up but not impossible like some might have you believe while the benefits are enormous).