View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 10, 2004, 11:45 PM

Thank you very much for that great overview. I get a sense that the downtown community is small in terms of "locals" versus "visitors" from surrounding cities. I think that for the most part downtown LB has a lot to offer in terms of restaurants, shopping, activities and the beach/marina. I am excited to live there, I think I will be rollerblading and riding my bike a lot more often too. I also see myself walking to places a lot more than I do now (like going to the movies, restaurant, gym, coffee run, etc.). I hope to become involved in community planning/fundraising events also. Being outside of downtown LB, I feel a bit disconnected. But now that I will be in the "middle" of it all, I hope to be more active. I think that LB's potential, esp downtown, is huge. Once all the planned towers are completed and filled with residents, the retail will come (currently there are enough great restaurants). I would like to see a Barnes & Noble or Borders come to the Pike or Ocean or Pine. Also, I think the area needs a Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (selfish reason cuz I'm an addict to their Tea Latte).

I am curious what Gruen & Associates will suggest for that parking lot behind the LB Arena, I guess that is the last plot of land that can be developed. I hope something good comes out of it. They are supposed to make a decision on September 2005. I think they should use that area as a park with jogging trails and fountains with a stage for performances, etc. Well thanks again for you feedback!