View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 20, 2007, 7:48 PM
Our Tide is Rising

Quote:
Originally Posted by HalifaxMtl666 View Post
I am not offended at all. i just find comparing both cities together could have some advantages but i think we have said enough for a while on that issue. I realized that Moncton is great place to live and i never said the opposite. Actually, Moncton provides a better quality of life, seem to be more attractive for new comers, has a strong economy, has a strong retail as well. However in others issues like the urban mind, Skylines, character, multiculturalism, history, streetcapes as well as tourism Saint John has advantage over Moncton. With those pictures I just tried to point out these kind of comparisons was useless.

No offence for you
none taken at all...I agree with you completley...but...

as far as multi-cultural I assume you are talking about international, because in terms of local, moncton (as of 2001) had 74,450 english and 38,710 french compare to SJs 112,865 english and 5,555 french. In terms of international Moncton has (as of 2001) 3,360 foreign born people, compare to SJs 4,620, so really not too much of a difference, that difference should decrease with the new census results, as I heard on the news recently that MAGMA (moncton multicultural org.) in 2002 processed 250 immigrants, they now (2005, 2006) process more than 1000 a year. but anyways as i said on another thread, both cities suck in this department lol

tourism is another one Im not too sure about, I thought I heard somewhere that Moncton was the tourism capital of NB in terms of $ spent...but I could be wrong.

Anyways, I dont want to continue this bickering...just wanted to clear those issues up...I completely agree with you on the urban minds, skylines, and history