View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 8, 2017, 6:20 PM

I made it a point to visit the Cloud 9 revolving restaurant at the top of the 42-floor Empire Landmark Hotel before its pending demolition. Here is my final tribute to this landmark building which is still standing tall for a brief moment.

Despite the small floorplate of the tower, there are 4 elevators inside. They service all floors, including the revolving Cloud 9 restaurant on the 42nd floor.

From the top the view is stunning with surrounding city basking in the late afternoon sun.

Lost of new construction in south Downtown area.

The view towards northwest is very open, extending over Stanley Park and to the North Shore. However, in couple of years this view will be lost, as the red tower in the middle will be surrounded by much taller new wow-architecture towers.

North Shore preparing for the night.

Warm summer day coming to an end with sun setting over English Bay and Stanley Park.

Afternoon traffic crawling towards Lions Gate Bridge.

Lions Gate Bridge

What a view of Coal Harbour and Downtown Vancouver!!

It wasn't just the view, but the food was good, too.

Shangri-La and Trump Tower loom over rest of Downtown.

Metrotown skyline and Burnaby in the distance. Mount Baker is shrouded in the clouds a bit left from this picture.

BC Place roof peeking at the end of Robson Street.

Time for some cheesecake dessert.

One Wall Centre and Patina.

Shangri-La, Vancouver's tallest skyscraper.

Trump Tower

Robson Street shopping corridor runs through entire Downtown.

Evening setting in.

Lush and green West End is a hidden gem on the Downtown peninsula.

GOODBYE VIEW!!!

I am so happy I got a chance to visit the restaurant on its final days before it closed down for good in anticipation of pending demolition of this landmark tower. I wish I would have made it up there more often, as the view was indeed something to behold and being a revolving restaurant it was so easy to enjoy it while indulging some good food.

I hope you enjoyed my small tribute to this building. Thank you.