View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 13, 2008, 2:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jersey Mentality View Post
I wondered if Chicago had an international presence, even with the world's second busiest airport and world class musuems and landmarks, it still isn't really internationally known. But there are however many sizable immigrant groups there.
sure it is. not for the right reasons (al capone, crime), but people are coming around to the city internationally.

i work on michigan ave across the river from tribune tower and diagonally from wrigley, and, on a nice summer day when i take the long walk down michigan to the chicago ave red line stop, hearing english is rare.

it seems like the crowds get larger every year, though i am surprised chicago is ahead of boston, for example. it is close enough as to where it is really a draw, but with new york so close, and with boston being such an attractive, nearby town with so much history, well, good on us for being the lone "inland" city with such a large international draw.

sorry, for the boosterism, you may have noticed it is endemic in chicago posters.