View Single Post
Old Posted May 16, 2018, 4:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolf13 View Post
You're not wrong, but it just used to be simpler, and people wish it was. They assume it still IS simpler. Then we miss out while others were paying attention. I haven't been at a street party yet and only realized (somehow) that they required free tickets after round 2. I intended to simply walk down, as a reasonable person expecting reasonable access to public activities, and this would have ruined that.

Now I know.

BUT. Everybody is too damn afraid, whether for lawsuits, safety, terrorism, and while I'm not suggesting too manipulative a narrative, there's no way this doesn't benefit ticketmaster and the event organizers the most.

It seems everything is overly controlled these days. I hate how I can't call CAA Manitoba and not simply get an operator to explain the situation rather than listen to 10 options that only partly apply. The ability to simply "go and do" what you need to is hijacked by an obsessive use of unnecessary systems. Now we can't walk down the street to a viewing party without waiting online for ticket release. Overkill, in my opinion.
Try calling WPS non -emergency. It used to be, someone answered. Now you have a long list to go through. We used to call Non-Emergency when we had a potential incident that was not an imminent disaster but was still pretty important. Easier to call 911 now. lol