View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 25, 2014, 12:20 AM
Fourth and Main

An update on the Semans Library (Arts Library):

Credit: David Valentino

Credit: David Valentino

It's good to see this thread move from one big weekly update to several smaller updates during the week.
I sometimes forget something, like this library, by waiting to post it in one big update.

Salem College Student Center: (NEW TO THIS THREAD!)
This could be a candidate for the new buildings built in a traditional style discussion! They have buildings from the 1700s on campus and their new buildings
are designed to match their older buildings. This was the nation's first Women's college and is one the oldest colleges in the United States. Very awesome!

Source

Salem College is also working on a major expansion that will double the size of campus.
We are still waiting for more information on this major multi-building construction project.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Blum Construction
It may be a brand new building on an 18th century campus, but the new Salem Student Center,
with brick and roof shingles complementing surrounding facilities, appears that it has been there forever! Work is
nearing completion on the new Salem Student Center, with a dedication scheduled for May 13. — at Salem College.
525@Vine:
According to a post from zinzendorf at WSTB, this building may have officially opened yesterday or will officially open this week?
I haven't seen anything in the news about it.

Credit: Linville | Team

Do we call it "@" or 525@Vine? Signage suggests @ is the correct name, but materials promoting the building suggest 525@Vine is correct.
I will continue to use 525@Vine.

Flywheel:
Speaking of 525@Vine, Flywheel will hold an open house in two weeks. If you're starting a tech company and are interested in becoming
a member, contact them about this. They haven't opened yet, but are already receiving strong interest in their memberships. Like I said,
if you want to become a member of Flywheel Co-work, do it now or you may find yourself on a waiting list!
http://flywheelcowork.com/membership-application/

Last edited by Matthew; Apr 25, 2014 at 1:41 AM.