View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 28, 2009, 10:08 PM
cookies, skittles & milk

Cheap land, no taxes, cheap labor, cookie-cutter designs, less than decent quality, cheap units, etc...

Of course, this doesn't mean that there aren't areas in Dubai that are bustling with people/ I mean, there are over a million people in the entire city, there is no way it will ever become a ghost town. And Dubai is a big city, of course not everyone's going to be home, and if they are they're probably sleep cause it's at night. I'm not saying that this alone makes up for the fact that there are no people outside, but at least several thousand people in that shot are either gone or sleeping.

And currently there aren't even 10 buildings over 1000 ft (in roof height) in Dubai, and only two of those are in the Marina. That isn't saying that there will be more coming soon of course since many are under construction.

That said, I also do think Dubai needs more people but like I said before, I just don't see myself living there and I imagine many people do also. The buildings that were a HUGE mistake in the Marina were the Executive Towers, I think they draw people away, they sure would draw me away!

But anyways, I think Dubai should go into the movie industry, scene's like this would make really cool zombie movies and, as an added bonus, more people would begin to move in!