View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 27, 2012, 3:45 AM
Preds/Titans/Grizz

Quote:
Originally Posted by hauntedheadnc View Post
Your best bets for some serious church architecture in Asheville would be First Baptist, First Congregational, Central United Methodist, Grace Episcopal, First Presbyterian, St. Mary's Episcopal, the Cathedral of All Souls, and the Basilica of St. Lawrence. They're all noteworthy for their architecture, and some such as Grace Episcopal, the basilica, the cathedral, First Congregational, and Central United Methodist have dazzling stained glass. For organs, the top three would be the basilica, cathedral, and First Baptist.

Watch this thread... I have three installments planned sometime this summer when I get the time. One of them will be dedicated to churches.
Its been a few years since I've been to Asheville, but the church architecture was very nice. Asheville all around is just an awesome place, one that I love the way it is, and want it to stay exactly the way it is, but I would also love to see more urban development; if that makes sense. Anyways, looking forward to your future installments!