View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 19, 2017, 10:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ->sOmEk! View Post
Again, your geographic definition of Europe is arbitrary
It's always been so, since strictly speaking, we've never been any real continent as accepted by geographers. We're an outgrowth of Asia and some kind of giant peninsula surrounded by the Atlantic ocean and its seas, such as the Mediterranean which actually belongs to the Atlantic.

Europe was traditionally defined as something cultural, or even more or less ethnic even though it doesn't make much sense. I think the Anglo people call our ethnicity "Caucasian".
I'd rather define it within its European Union boundaries nowadays. Although, of course, the Brits are still European despite Brexit.

Anyway, the Montparnasse tower that so many find infamous in Central Paris is to be refurbished. The work should be done by 2023, so the tower looks better for the 2024 Olympics.
There were 700 architecture firms (nothing less) to propose their designs for the contest.
By now, only 2 remain. The American firm of Jeanne Gang and a consortium of 3 French firms.
People here seem more confident in the American woman. Her firm is based in Chicago and she is more used to work on high-rises than the French consortium that lacks experience in that matter.
So, I hope Jeanne wins the final game, myself. Her firm must have worked hard on the project.

We'll keep you informed about the plan, since the lone tower has been stuck right in the central city. Its refurbishment is a significant move.