View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 14, 2007, 3:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr D View Post
Thanks all!

@SHIRO - as your own pics shows it would almost imposible to have two-way car traffic on such a street without having the trams slow down and/or even halt the traffic.... buses however would just blend perfectly into the traffic..

In Amsterdam's case I take it the city have had them for just as long as Copenhagen did - so where we skipped them in the 70's for buses, you guys kept them and therefore devolped a traffic network with trams in mind...

About the AMS CPH siblings I couldn't agree more.... everytime I see pics from the Netherlands I'm amazed at how much our nations look a like...

And we normally also score very equal on the different charts and top nation lists...

I would deffinetly say CPH as a city have more in common with Amsterdam than it has the rest of the Nordic Capitals...
Amsterdam also has an extensive bus network. And those trams are faster than you might think...
Of course (car)traffic is horrible like in any mayor city (especially now that they are building the North-South subway line right through the city center), but you get used to it.