View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 9, 2009, 6:47 PM
Recent Hamiltonian

Wow, Daltnpapi4u , you really have to control your racist hate-on for white people. Calm down...

I think that the English/Euro settlers here were the first immigrants, for sure, but they came at a time when there was no government to bend over backwards to appease them, or any other NGO's to offer so many of the "creature conforts" that our ancesters never received. Try talking to my Polish grandfather what he thinks of his trials in trying to emmigrate to Canada and the hurdles he had to jump through to get here (and once here, also!) as opposed to the "pleasure cruise" many of today's immigrants sail on to get here. I'M NOT SAYING EVERYONE HAS IT EASY NOWADAYS; I'm just saying that it was a lot harder back then. People were actually grateful for coming here. His words, not mine. He was there; WE WEREN'T.

I think this is what a lot of people are feeling miffed about; the "rolling out of the carpet" for todays newcomers, when our ancestors had it so rough.

Also, your diatribe seems firmly in line with "making the white man pay for his past crimes". Lines like this: "If it wasnt for them coming here invading this land none of you guys will be here today. also it is a fact that nearly most off all europeans that came to north america came here illegally. so why was it ok for the europeans to come when they did as suppose to the latins coming now" as you said, give the impression that "if it was done in the past, then you must atone for it somehow". Well if that's the case, then there'd be quite a few cultures/countries/civilizations that would owe quite a few people an explanation.

By the way... I WASN'T THERE. Just because someone else did something, why should I suffer for it? It's a lot like blaming someone living in Amsterdamn 50 years when someone breaks into your car last week in Cairo. Makes less than no sense.

AND EVEN IT THERE WAS SOME VALIDITY to the claim that "people must pay the mistakes of past strangers and/or follow the same course of our ancestors", should we not learn from our mistakes? Just because someone did something in the past, it dosen't make it right. Just because folks in New York burned "witches" many years ago, does that mean I should as well? Maybe tomorrow night? Here in Canada?

Again, makes no sense... it's just racist. Plain and simple...

Racism exists all over the world, so I souldn't be surprised that it can appear here as well.