View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 19, 2014, 9:27 PM
Representing the ATX!!!

Here's my question. Where did the 70 stories 800+ tall information even come from? Was it from a credible source or did it just organically blossom out of nowhere due to so much hope and wanting for such a tower to be built (me included) that now it's being tossed around as something confirmed?

As long as its over 600 feet, not some spire crap but a full building roof height over 600 feet, i'll be happy with that. The Austonian is looking pretty lonely up there by itself and wouldn't mind a companion or two. When and if Waller Center get's built as of the latest renderings (please don't release a crappy scaled down version last minute before construction starts), there will be three 600 footers in the skyline rather than one.

I agree that the sooner a proposal of a 700 to 900 foot is announced and actually moves forward to construction, the better because I fear it may be quite awhile as all these other projects are completed lessening the need as well as what Spaceman just now pointed out, our obviously anti-density future council.