View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 29, 2013, 11:05 PM
Meh

Back to San Antonio

I was in San Antonio in March and took some photos. You can see those photos here. We went back this month again and of course I went downtown for more photos.

This is part of the riverwalk infrastructure.

Tobin Center construction/renovation.

I went up to their central library which has some decent views of downtown and beyond.

This was San Antonio's tallest building outside of downtown from 1988 to 2010. It's a residential retirement tower.

This building here is their current tallest outside of downtown. It's residential condominiums.

Office highrises on the north side of San Antonio. The building on the left is residential.

Tobin Center construction.

San Antonio's central library. It's an interesting building.

The midrises in the background are part of San Antonio's South Texas Medical Center. There are about two dozen midrises and highrises there that make up one of San Antonio's skylines.

Weston Centre - San Antonio's tallest building.

I just about cooked on this parking garage taking these photos. When I got back to the dog show arena from my bike ride, my bike computer thermometer said 112F. The actual air temperature wasn't that high. I think the high that day was 99F or so, but the asphalt was like a lava field. Anyway, the views were worth it.

No bike rack means riding cozy with my bike on the way back.

On the 2nd day we drove into downtown to go eat on the riverwalk. I snapped a few more photos from the garage we parked in and on the walk over to the restaurant, and of the views from the riverwalk.

I got the taco plate with beans and rice.

Literally right after my niece said she didn't want anymore of her food, a pigeon swooped in and started eating right off her plate.

A few of their friends showed up.

So fair warning, if you're eating on the riverwalk, guard your food.

There is a 30-story hotel and timeshare tower planned for atop the tan building on the right.

And a bonus from a week ago when we had to go to San Antonio's airport.

San Antonio's Alamo Heights skyline.

~Thanks for looking.

Thou shall not indict

Last edited by KevinFromTexas; Jul 29, 2013 at 11:28 PM.