View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 20, 2009, 10:43 PM
City of Blinding Lights

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwhit View Post
I really don't think that the new saddledome (or whatever it ends up being,) is going to leave the Stampede Grounds. The Stampede is going to want to have a 18-21k arena at their disposal, (that is an essential part of their long term plans to be a year-round destination and the city is not going to want to operate an arena without the Flames as a tenant. The space, transit connections, parking are already in place. It would be asinine to relocate the Flames away from the Stampede Grounds and I would be dead against it. Look at the satellite image of the grounds, there is certainly enough room north of the usual midway for the Stampede to operate in a reorganized configuration for a couple years.

I'd also like to see something that has a proper street level interface on, not something on it's own surrounding by a sea of parking.
I am totally with you on this one. I think that as the years go by there will be less of a focus on the Midway at the Stampede. I feel that the entertainment will diversify, thus the rides and games will become more spread out.

Just a question. On the Stampede ground PDF what is the building that will be going in in the middle of the track? Any ideas?

Oh and might I add that it would be great if the arena had some sort of practice facility (ice included) where the Flames could hold practices.