View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 21, 2009, 12:17 AM
Glorfied Overrated Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffwhit View Post
I really don't think that the new saddledome (or whatever it ends up being,) is going to leave the Stampede Grounds. The Stampede is going to want to have a 18-21k arena at their disposal, (that is an essential part of their long term plans to be a year-round destination and the city is not going to want to operate an arena without the Flames as a tenant. The space, transit connections, parking are already in place. It would be asinine to relocate the Flames away from the Stampede Grounds and I would be dead against it. Look at the satellite image of the grounds, there is certainly enough room north of the usual midway for the Stampede to operate in a reorganized configuration for a couple years.

I'd also like to see something that has a proper street level interface on, not something on it's own surrounding by a sea of parking.
there are several spots in the area that would be suitable for a 18 - 21K arena. and who is to say that the dome wouldn't still be used in some capacity, potentially with the Roughnecks and the Hitmen as the main attractions. it will also be used to other events throughout the year, so it not being a year round destination is asinine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innersoul1 View Post
I am totally with you on this one. I think that as the years go by there will be less of a focus on the Midway at the Stampede. I feel that the entertainment will diversify, thus the rides and games will become more spread out.

Just a question. On the Stampede ground PDF what is the building that will be going in in the middle of the track? Any ideas?

Oh and might I add that it would be great if the arena had some sort of practice facility (ice included) where the Flames could hold practices.
speaking from experience, the Midway at the Stampede is for the teenagers who aren't old enough to get into Nashville North and the other random beer gardens throughout the grounds. they aren't really interested in seeing the paintings and exposition stuff inside the buildings, they really only go in there because they're air conditioned.

Pinky: I think so, Brain, but this time, you put the trousers on the chimp.