View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 24, 2012, 2:36 PM
New Yorker for life

http://www.globest.com/news/12_270/n...TC-317842.html

Foye Anticipates Anchor Tenant for 3 WTC

By Jacqueline Hlavenka
January 24, 2012

Quote:
Following reports that an 80-story skyscraper could be capped at the World Trade Center site, Patrick Foye, the new executive director of the Port Authority of New York & New Jersey, told reporters that he expects the tower to be fully completed and leased as originally planned.

“We’re rooting for and betting on Larry Silverstein getting those tenants,” Foye said directly after his address at the New York Building Congress’ annual membership meeting at the Mandarin Oriental Hotel in Midtown. “No one has made any money in this city betting against Larry frankly in the city or the region or at the World Trade Center. I don’t think there’s any news there. He needs a 400,000-square-foot tenant or tenants, and my money is on the fact that he will get it and that’s how it will go forward.”

“I’m rooting for it and the Port Authority is rooting for Larry,” he said. “If I had to come up with a guess, I think this is a time where there are a number of big tenants in the city in need of state-of-the-art class A space. I think that One World Trade Center and Three World Trade Center are going to be prime targets for those tenants.”

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.