View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 9, 2015, 3:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBane View Post
But when are the ever done with quality materials? That's the problem. 10 Rittenhouse is a grave example. You had a renowned architect and the most prime piece of real estate and the builders STILL could not justify using quality materials. And as I've said before, this city is graced by hundreds of genuine historic buildings and when you put up a copycat with junk materials, it stands out as a fake very easily. !
As noted in the General Developments thread, 10 Ritt is absolutely constructed with quality materials (PhillySkyline did a good write-up on this very topic: http://phillyskyline.com/bldgs/10rittenhouse/hardhat/).

The technique of using pre-cast paneling obviously doesn't compare to historic construction processes, and I can see how that may take away from some of the charm, but that can be said for literally every modern building in the world today. Nevertheless, this technique doesn't undercut material quality. I'm sure the exact same type of construction will be used on the new Vine Street tower, as well as this project.