View Single Post
Old Posted Nov 5, 2007, 8:54 PM

West Ocean

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolinda View Post
Thanks for the info on west ocean... my friends are in escrow on a unit in tower 1 and they have told me that they have been given repeated erroneous information from the ever changing sales staff for West Ocean. Unfortunately they made some decisions based on this info and now the builders refuse to honor anything they were told. The corporate office wont call them back and every time they talk to sales staff they are outright lied to about the current stauts of the project. My recommendation is to not sign anything or get into any deals with west ocean at this time. i think a lot of the people that are in contract will bail and they will be giving major discounts on these units. It is discomforting for me to hear about the way they are doing business and makes me wonder about the construction. If anyone has seen a unit or done a walk through, I would love to hear.
I was in a similar situation when I was going into contract with Roosevelt in Downtown LA. The developer raised the price and wouldn't honor some of the amenities that they promised. However, that was before signing of the contract; since my reserved deposit was fully refundable, we just cancelled out. West Ocean is supposed to be complete and ready for move in so all the amenities should be in place. And I thought there are guidelines in Long Beach regarding the completeness of a project before people are allowed to move in. I am surprised what they can lie about on the project status at this stage. I thought that people are falling out of escrow because they can't quality for the loan, since they can't bail easily after making a contract deposit which is not refundable.

West Ocean looks like a nice project and I was hoping that it won't fail. With buyers drying up in the market, the developer should do everything they can to secure those who already bought at the presale.