View Single Post
Old Posted Jul 30, 2008, 9:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keith P. View Post
Not a chance -- you have to remember that Indigo/Chapters is considered evil amonst the library-going, CBC Radio-listening intelligentsia of the south end and SGR, who only buy their books at places like Frog Hollow and Bookmark. They would never permit the evil Chapters to move onto that street and threaten their local favorites.
First off, I'm a library-going CBC radio listening... person (I don't really fit the rest of your description), and I kind of resent part of what you said. Only part of, because I only fit part of your description. But those people you speak of can continue shopping at Frog Hollow, or navigating the maze of shelves in JW Doull, but I wouldn't mind killing some time and picking up a few books in a Chapters on SGR, and I'm sure a lot of people would join me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by someone123 View Post
Barrington specifically would benefit enormously from a couple of big anchor retailers in spaces like the Roy Building (or the one used by the province for meeting rooms).
As I'm sure you know, the Johnston building which houses the province's board rooms (and other offices) used to be an Eatons; would be nice to have a department store back in it, since it would be not only an ideal fit, but the building just looks like a department store.