View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 21, 2012, 7:23 AM

Hey all. I would assume that such an astute crew would be aware of this, but if not....

A Mayoral Debate
Designing Portland’s Future
WEDNESDAY, MARCH 21

Doors at 5:30 p.m.
Debate at 6 p.m.
University of Oregon, White Stag Block
70 NW Couch St
Admission FREE
Join us for a conversation with the three leading candidates for mayor—Eileen Brady, Charlie Hales, and Jefferson Smith—about how each would grow and enhance the city’s future livability through development, urban design, and historic preservation.
Moderator: Randy Gragg, editor-in-chief, Portland Monthly magazine

Portland is internationally renowned for its 40-year legacy of urban revitalization, with new light-rail lines, streetcars, historic renovations, lively plazas, neighborhood regeneration, and pedestrian-friendly urban design. But in an era of tighter financial resources and widespread recognition that the city’s famed livability has failed to extend to large swathes of the city, what will Portland's next mayor do to advance and broaden the legacy?

I'll be there. I want to hear them all speak together. I was open to Brady, saw her speak and felt a lot of doubt and then the read the "Evolution of Eileen Brady" in the March 7th Willamette Week. She seems like she is trying real hard to misrepresent her resume. I am now leaning Hale. After two pretty do-nothing mayors who didn't seem to have it in them to fight for their goals for the city I want a Vere Katz like character. Portland is at a special place in its history and needs to some one who has the vision and drive to take Portland to the next level.