View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 2, 2012, 9:16 PM
Here and There

Quote:
Originally Posted by Innersoul1 View Post
Really hard to say with this one. I agree that a pub in that location would be very cool. But that being said, the pub would have to be at the base of some sort of development meaning that the pub would be in the shadow of said development. Patios with limited to no sunlight generally are a no go. From a business model standpoint, if you could get the sun/exposure figured out then you would likely have good business during the summer but the winters would be VERY tough unless you modeled yourself as a year round destination like Melrose.

I still think that this is a long shot, based on the fact that places like Oceana have never expanded their patio space...
I was thinking more along the lines of having a Calgary Parks style restaurant like Boxwood or River Cafe to continue with the theme. This time it could be larger and accommodate a different crowd. This also falls in line with my expectation that they would open up a good breakfast joint in the east village that faces east and southeast to catch the morning sun.