View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 18, 2005, 2:32 PM
Rachacha rez

Being home this week, I have had a chance to see first hand the development of the last several years. My notes.

1) On the new parking garage, What the ##$$%%## were they thinking in placing reflective glass on the retail spaces on the first floor. No wonder why they can't get any business to go in there.

2) I like Seneca Place, except for the fact that it seems to be too much of a fortress. If there had been some ground floor retail, it might be a bit less daunting.

3) It's only a matter of time before a third corner in Collegetown gets apartments, since the convenience store and clothing store at the corner of Dryden rd and College Ave has closed. Sooner or Later the bank will be driven out as well.

4) At least the city was able to hold out with Wal-Mart for an earth-toned store with some landscaping, Still, when you look down the hill from Libe Slope, seeing a giant stripmall doesn't look quite right.

5) As far the last post goes, I'd rather have this happen as the result of Cornell than what has happened in most of Upstate due to the growth of the NY prison system.