View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 22, 2007, 1:32 PM
BANNED

I figured all that sweetness was just too good to be true. That this was all just a front!

That putting those few steel columns there was a makeshift ploy to make some of us even THINK that the steel was going up for real soon.

And yes Scruffy, Pataki only did that to make HIMSELF look good! Another thing for him to carry with him in the attempt to get his name in the pot for his bid to run for the White House. He sugar-coated this to fool many who have been anxiously awaiting steel to start rising for the tower!

It would seem very peculiar to put up just a few steel columns when knowing that we must wait yet another full year before we start to see the framework soar above street level. And yes, I was fooled by that also!

My guess is that of the forthcoming steel to be delivered, some of it will either be stored at Ground Zero, or in the case of the Twins, stored in a remote location and be delivered only as it's needed.

Silly me! To even start using more of the steel, the core HAS to be built and start rising first so that there is central support and anchorage for the outer columns as well as for the floor girders themselves that MUST be fastened to the core. Probably the reason behind waiting at least another year before the tower begins to really take shape.

Last edited by Daquan13; Nov 24, 2007 at 10:15 AM.