View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 10, 2017, 2:54 PM

The proposed Nashville Gold Coast is what Metro Center was supposed to have been. It was envisioned to be a city within the city. Unfortunately, it never happened. Metro Center is okay. But if the vision had been fulfilled it would have been so much more. I've yet to find a rendering of what the skyline of Metro Center was envisioned to be, but I remember it rivaling downtown in terms of high rise buildings and so much more. It didn't even reach half the vision.

I certainly would like to see Bordeaux included in the growth of Nashville. It is such an underutilized area of town that should be treated as a gateway for those living in and beyond northwest Nashville. The concept is very ambitious and clearly is a long term plan. But, without any city support to change the infrastructure of both West Trinity Lane and Clarksville Pike, I don't see it happening even on a small scale. Both streets will need to be reworked and West Trinity Lane to some extent shifted. The good thing is there is very little development in that area to get in the way of doing just that.

I'll be surprised if the people living in that area oppose this type of opportunity. However, I do believe the developer will need to announce some type of retail and restaurant component to sweeten the pot for locals in the area. That is something that is desperately needed in the area.