View Single Post
Old Posted Jan 5, 2012, 3:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by summersm343 View Post
The developer should not even need approval then because this lot was rezoned to C-5... god I hope the new zoning code eliminates these stupid processes Three Logan Square (Bell Atlantic) is well over 700 feet tall and is within 250 feet of the parkway and the world didn't implode when that was finished did it? (Btw for those who don't know anything within 250 feet of the parkway can not be higher then 250 feet... that's probably why there is not highrise development on the parkway).

Why do the NIMBY's even have a say? One more story is going to matter? It will block what? One more stories view in the Metropolitan? Here's an idea... if you want a view... live somewhere else and not the Metropolitan... it's only a year lease, the building won't be completed until 2014... Move the %^&* out of the Metropolitan then! NIMBY's make no sense... Why do people move into the city and then complain when tall buildings are being built... or any building at all for that matter... if I'm not mistaken NIMBY's were all up in arms over Dranoffs proposed 4 (5?) story building on South St and they made him change that... take that NIMBY's
It was the owner of the apartment building so he will fight it because the views are impacted? I would think it would help rental prices and rates but who knows.