View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 12, 2009, 8:05 PM
Pedestrian At Heart

This post has no foundation of fact, and I honestly feel that it is pointless for me to respond, but alas here I go. I just cannot understand when accusations are made without a comprehensive look at the facts.

The ordinance in question that limits restaurants to 70db was originally adopted in 1986. That was 23 years ago. I have good friends younger than that. Shady Grove is working with the city to resolve the permitting issue to allow 85db again. Until then, they can still play music at 70db.

As for Laura Morrison’s support for the music community, she and Mike Martinez are the ones pushing strongly for the adoption of the Music Department. In fact, you will see an item on the council agenda next week that establishes an organizational structure to manage and foster the growth of Austin music sponsored by Mike Martinez, Laura Morrison, and Randi Shade.

Except for perhaps some past complaints, I don’t even know what Jeff Jack has to do with anything in this conversation. I’ve heard nothing from Jeff on this topic at all.