View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2014, 1:03 PM
New Yorker for life

Quote:
Originally Posted by McSky View Post
My, my. Someone can't accept correction. As I stated, Steinway tower is in the center of the block:

I know what you said, and my point is it's ridiculous. If you look at that map, and what you get from it is that the Steinway tower isn't in the "middle" of the site it will rise above, then you've got more problems than the render. It should be readily apparent to you that it isn't an exact scale mockup. Or did you think all of the towers would really be blue as well? The map is a marker, nothing more. And an excellent one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zapatan View Post
I remember Barnett originally was so adamant about building a 1500+ building to the roof and without "spires or crowns" as he said himself. Did he just stop caring?
Barnett has always said it's more about the design than the height. If for whatever reason he thinks it works better at the lower height, he'll go with that.

“Office buildings are our factories – whether for tech, creative or traditional industries we must continue to grow our modern factories to create new jobs,” said United States Senator Chuck Schumer.