View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 16, 2014, 9:58 PM
Registered San Diegan

Quote:
Originally Posted by mello View Post
Oh I walked through Golden Hill extensively a couple days ago and I got to wondering about its density figures. It is just about as built up as City Heights or more but I'm sure there aren't as many people living in each unit as in CH. Golden Hill has a very unique feel. What are your thoughts on living there and where it is headed?
I enjoy living here. It's very walkable, has an eclectic mix of incomes, with a balanced gentrified vs grittiness that I appreciate. However, it's nowhere near its potential, and the locals plan on keeping the neighborhood as tiny as possible to keep outsiders from having a piece. Eventually GH will end up a lot like Point Loma or Mission Hills, exclusive and unaffordable. The area has great bones and improving infrastructure, all the right pieces to become a great urban neighborhood. But that's not going to happen, at least not until these old farts die out and more progressive generations can update the community plan to allow for denser and more suatinable development.