Thread: 100 Strangers
View Single Post
Old Posted Aug 25, 2011, 1:31 PM
3rd Coast King

L.A / Alexander - 100 Strangers: 09/100 by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

I met LA walking down Main street. It was hot and I was sweating buckets. I mean like 110 degrees of HOT! You have to love Houston to even want to walk out of your front door.

But I had been walking around for a while not trying to find anyone on a day like this. The streets were pretty sparse to begin with. As I'm heading back to the car this guy walks up on me and asks to bum a smoke. He seemed nice and was real polite so I bummed him a smoke in exchange for a picture. He had no problems with that at all. So I snapped this shoot real quick and we keep walking.

On the way he tells me some about himself. I found out he was from Louisiana and had moved down here after hurricane Rita. Apparently he had been in and out of jail a few times. I didnt ask for what.

He also told me a bit of a story about some guy that worked at Jason's deli holding out on him and not hooking him up with a sandwich. He said he didnt care that the guy wouldnt give him food anymore but he didnt appreciate the guy wasting all his time when he is just trying to get something to eat. I can respect that. So thats why he was walking down Main. He was heading to the Salvation Army shelter to go get a meal. He told me some other stuff too but I had a hard time understand half of what he said.

So after two blocks we parted ways. Cool guy I wish him the best.

This picture is #09 in my 100 strangers project. Find out more about the project and see pictures taken by other photographers at the 100 Strangers Flickr Group page

On a side note. Check out my first book!

www.blurb.com/bookstore/detail/2408365

Alternate edit. Just changed the tones and took out the yellow bag. I think it came out nice.

la / alexander CP by DiskoJoe, on Flickr

My Book