View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 18, 2010, 6:44 PM
Suburban dweller

Location: Calgary - our road planners are as bad as yours Edmonton
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtime View Post
So anyone ever had a younger baby (~9 months) that refuses to sleep? Littletime has been absolutely miserable for the last week or so, when you put her in her crib she proceeds to scream and cry for upwards of an hour (3 hours one time). At night Mrs. Bigtime gets her and gives her a feed and she is still miserable when put back in the crib.

She's perfectly happy when you are playing with her and not putting her in her crib.

Any advice? Rum on the gums? We're pretty sure it is not teething, as she has no rosy cheeks and isn't chewing on stuff constantly. She has two teeth so far on the bottom that came in about a month ago, and none of the same signs have shown themselves right now.
Try some rum over your gums (and into your belly). Might not help Littletime but it will make YOU feel better.

Ear infections should only last a few days or a week tops but it might be worth a consideration. My experience with them is they always tend to start late on a Thursday so that by the time you think your kid might have one (on Friday PM) it is too late to get in to see your family Dr. before the w/e. Problem is if you leave it too long, or don't realize it is an infection, yourisk rupturing the eardrum which is what happend to my little guy. Not a huge deal (it heals) but you sure feel bad when you find out what just happened.

Albert Einstein