View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 22, 2017, 3:29 PM
SLC Lifer

Quote:
Originally Posted by delts145 View Post
I'm sure the financial commitment would be major, but I wish the LDS Church would start making some moves on those So. Temple lots. Those are probably my least favorite at this time. I mean, both BYU and UVU are bursting at the seams, and can't even begin to take in all the students that want to get in or expand fast enough in the case of UVU. Also, it seems like the LDS Churches office operations are scattered all over the CBD and Valley. Am I wrong in thinking that those giant parking lots are ripe to begin handling their student, business overflow. Use to be that the Church Campus was surrounded by lots on three sides. Then gradually, the east and north sides were developed into some impressive parks and buildings. I guess there's still a little room around the area directly east of the new records library. Even if the South Temple lots were developed in phases, let's get started.
Delts, the Church owns the huge SE corner lot of 300 W North Temple and all of the assemblage surrounding and including the Plaza Hotel. I'm pretty sure those lots might be preserved for the western view of the Temple by the Church. I haven't checked code but I'm pretty sure the Temple, like the Cathedral of the Madeleine on S Temple, has an identified view corridor looking W-NW effectively limiting height. That being said, that corridor should be a high priority to be made beautiful by the church as the Temple view from street level is the Plaza (ack) and parking lots. I think its best use is as public space or some epic park concept.