View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 3:05 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by eschaton View Post
4. Buncher is formally proposing the planned Waterfront Place Townhomes - 46 units of attached housing to be placed on a thin strip of land between the back side of the Terminal Building and the larger-scale buildings (including Riverfront Landing - the apartment building already under construction) closer to the river. This project is being done by my wife's firm, and I had no clue it was them (I sometimes see renderings of projects not yet publicly discussed, but she's asked me not to blab, so I don't). I think the design is a nice mix of new traditional and contemporary (it tries to call to existing form without trying to be fake historic buildings). I still feel like it's a bit too small scale for the site, however, and the lack of any private green space at all is just bad design for a townhouse (the back garages front on a driveway, and then a tiny sliver of grass and trees is the only thing which blocks it from the Produce Terminal lot. Some sort of skinny apartment building would have been preferable, even if the structured parking would have been problematic.
The project does seem to be squeezed into the site. And does it bother anyone that the sides and back are siding? This will be the façade facing the Produce Terminal and although its just the Produce Terminal's parking lot, it is another public face.