View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 1, 2017, 2:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bricktrimble View Post
The project does seem to be squeezed into the site. And does it bother anyone that the sides and back are siding? This will be the façade facing the Produce Terminal and although its just the Produce Terminal's parking lot, it is another public face.
To be fair, the sides which face the future public rights of way are brick clad on the first and second stories.

IIRC, no concrete plans for the Produce Terminal have ever been presented, so we don't really know if that rear parking lot is going to be maintained in its current form.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianTH View Post
So the deck-park looks fine to me, but I am very curious about the parcel left out. I thought that had been incorporated in previous iterations.
My educated guess is this zone is going to be where the smaller-scale building which was shown in earlier renderings ends up being located (although it has switched corners). That area is at grade and won't really be part of the deck, so there's no reason it can't be constructed on.

Unfortunately, looking at the site rendering, it's clear whatever is built there will effectively have its "back" turned to the deck park, with the perimeter bounded by trees, and in one area a wall. It's not the biggest loss in the world, but it will arguably hurt the design of the ultimate structure.