View Single Post
Old Posted Dec 6, 2017, 7:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
I think that's all part of the Larimer/East Liberty Gardens plan. Comprehensive with housing, parks, sports facilities, etc.
To be fair, I do think there is a planned, small "Phase IV" which will be developed on the semi-abandoned ballfield if additional funds are ever found.

It may be a long time coming, however. Both the House and Senate tax bills reduce the number of affordable units developed through Low Income Housing Tax Credits. Thus we're quite likely to see a rollback in privately-funded mixed-income housing in the next few years.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj3000 View Post
^ There is no possibility of restoring that building. It could certainly be improved, but it is structurally altered to an extent that it could not be restored to its original appearance without basically demoing it and rebuilding it. Probably 80% of it is not original anyway. It's a lost cause and would be best leveled.
It's mildly surprising that demolition of the building isn't part of the infill project. The Highland Park Community Development Corp owns the now vacant lots, not only that godawful building. While the cost to the developer to demo it would raise the project cost a bit, considering they are selling the homes at $650,000 each I would think they could make a fourth larger and fancier unit. Or hell, if they were okay with 20 foot property widths, they could have fit five homes there instead of four.

On the flip side, I would guess the unit right next to the decaying husk will be rather hard to sell.