View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 3, 2013, 7:30 AM

As of last week, I've had my 1999 Plymouth Neon for 14 years. I bought it brand new from the Chrysler dealership I worked at at the time. It was one of the last cars in the old body style left at the dealership, and they were clearing them out for the new style Neons. Compared to some Neon horror stories I've heard, mine has been relatively reliable, knock on wood. It's a little worse for wear these days but my mechanic is amazed at how well I've looked after it. But coming from Alberta where it saw 8 winters, signs of rust are appearing in the back wheel wells, even though I washed it often. I never did plug it in during those 8 winters and it was always parked outside. It's around 221,000kms now and has taken me through the Rocky Mountains on at least 15 round trips, never with snow tires either. It was tough the day I had to drill holes in the front bumper for the BC plate when I moved here but I'm glad it can live out its life where winters aren't so harsh. I don't use it too often anymore but I have taken it to Seattle a few times in the past year. But no more trips to Calgary with it, those days are over. Most of the older photos I have of it are on film but I do have a few snaps that made it onto flickr:

My Car by entheos_fog, on Flickr

Parking Lot Bully by entheos_fog, on Flickr

Taken last week:

55/365 - Happy 14th Anniversary, Car by entheos_fog, on Flickr