View Single Post
Old Posted Apr 11, 2016, 8:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SignalHillHiker View Post
I imagine the new NDP leader will have to be from Quebec given the party's current membership. I couldn't name any of them except Mulcair.

I'm more curious to see who the Conservatives choose. The St. John's ridings are traditionally blue and only went orange then red for the past few elections in a desperate attempt to oust Harper. I can't imagine the federal Liberals will hold them for long - we're not important enough to require federal leaders to make difficult decisions in our favour. Whether it's the MRSC or whatever else, the Liberals will surely soon be at the bottom of the polls in the city again.

If the NDP actually positions itself as especially environmentalist, to the detriment of the oil and gas industry, then the Conservatives can definitely make in-roads here if the Reform/Alliance shit is kept under covers and the leader is from east of Kenora.
Do they care too much about Atlantic Canada (the Conservatives) though? After all, their entire caucus is from the interior West, rural southern Ontario and parts of "pure laine" Quebec - and Red Toryism won't help them hang onto any of them.