View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 18, 2006, 6:49 PM

To be honest, I cannot imagine a three minute per person (on average)primary inspection. Three minutes is a long time to ask a Canadian where they were born, where they live, where they are going, where are your tickets (have you ever heard of will call, sir?), how did you obtain your tickets, have you ever been arrested, are you employed, where do you work, when is the last time you entered the United States, have you ever been refused entry, etc.

There is no national security related reason (just because a baseball playoff game is being played) to conduct three minute primaries on Windsorites heading to a Tigers game on the tunnel bus.

The above being said, the lines usually move fairly well with primary ranging (from my experience) somewhere between 20 to 60 seconds with inspections running longer if a person is sent over for secondary inspection purposes.

As far as my ferry idea -- the tunnel tends to be very slow around game time even during the regular season. The ferry would allow people to jump the queue caused by all the cars jamming the tunnel prior to game time. The ferry would also be useful to promote cross border tourism (you mean for only $3 I can take a boat ride to another country?).