View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 20, 2017, 10:23 PM

See in bold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JHikka View Post
If they're doing it through the referee's union i'd be shocked.

Are ref's ever disciplined for bad calls? If so, we never hear about it. It's one thing if they miss an interference or slashing call, but when it's something that could have completely changed the momentum of the game, it's a major issue.

Literally every sport in the world has this happen to some degree. Hockey is nowhere near the worst culprit.

No doubt. I'd like to see the NHL set an example though by disciplining its stars the same way as any other player.

The NHL's insistence of building brand via players instead of teams has been aggravating to say the least.

Agreed.

Vegas benefits the NHL more than QC does. We've been over this a million times.

Yes, but Québec would benefit the league non-the-less. I don't oppose Vegas getting a franchise, but I take issue with the NHL's treatment of Québec City.

Quebec can be thrown aside because the NHL knows it can go back to Quebec at literally any time in the future and Quebec will still be on its knees waiting with open arms.

Right you are. Québec City (and Canada) is the NHL's bitch.

The NHL Awards used to be in Toronto every year.

Many cities may or may not have theatre/arena availability like Vegas/Toronto/NYC. A lot of it comes down to scheduling, logistics, and infrastructure. How many celebrities/players/media are going to show up if the awards are in Columbus or Edmonton? It's not an easy sell to sponsors if the NHL calls you up and says "Hey, want to sponsor this event we're putting on? It'll be great exposure for your business interests in Ohio".

In a league built on a corporate business structure whose sole goal is making money for its owners there's favourtism that may lead to making more money? Shocking.

How is it different than the All Star Game, Outdoor Games or the NHL Draft?