View Single Post
Old Posted Jun 6, 2009, 3:25 AM
Surrounded by Nature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nowhereman1280 View Post
Or you just change the name, get the money (or more tenants), and people still call it Sears and no one cares.
I don't think the name will take hold either, but that's not what I'm arguing, I'm arguing that they should be allowed to do whatever they want and that the owners simply calling it something different will not change the nature of the building or have any other effect than giving the RedEye something to report on/bitch about a couple times...
Nice to see that you admitted what I suspected (or at least hoped)! I was shocked though when I read this week that Willis only leased 140,000 square feet in the Sears Tower. After all of the ranting, I was expecting to see that they leased a substantial portion of that world landmark, not the fairly mere pittance that they did. Granted that we're in hard times, but the size of their lease wouldn't normally have been a big deal in my semi-little San Francisco, much less in Chicago! Give me a break--not only did the owners of the Sears Tower agree to change the name of an iconic identity, but they also prostituted themselves and Chicago in the process. The fact that they have the right to do so is not and was not my issue.