View Single Post
Old Posted Oct 17, 2011, 8:39 PM
BANNED

^^^ That's what I'm talking about! It's really quite urban which is surprising as it is a Wal-Mart.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emathias View Post
Yeah, but they don't block people from walking over their property, they've just made the trip longer. If you were coming north on Columbus, it would still be incrementally shorter to cut through that plaza, even having to go to Randolph before cutting back, so if liability were the concern then their present state actually increases their exposure as far as I can tell.
I don't think a lot of people are going to realize they can go around back of the BCBS building. The vast majority of people are going to take the sidewalk.

I have a friend who works in the facilities department at BCBS (she is in charge of move in and furniture procurement for the new spaces in this building). I'll ask her and see if she doesn't know why they didn't do that.

To be honest the real reason probably is that neither party wanted to foot the bill for re landscaping it so that it would be passable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hayward View Post
Are you talking Broadway and Patterson or the proposed location at Broadway and Surf I remember hearing about?
The one at Surf. That building is a real turd if you ask me.