View Single Post
Old Posted Mar 2, 2017, 5:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Mackinnon View Post
Probably all of it. Almost everything I've read suggested that without anthropogenic CO2 we'd probably be nearing a new ice age.
I find that very hard to believe. So in the 150 years of intense human industrial activity we've managed to stop an ice age from beginning?

Other scientists say that the climate would be more like it was around 1700, not having changed much since then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caliplanner1 View Post
I'm curious...is the primary motivation of the anti-climate change advocates one that is based on short-term economic losses/liabilities?
I don't deny that the climate is changing. I just don't buy into the alarmist and exaggerated claims coming from the climate change lobby. And I still haven't gotten a straight answer with scientific backing on how much of climate change is man-made. Nor have I gotten a straight answer with any scientific backing on how much any of what the climate change lobby wants to impose on us through taxation and more government control will actually achieve.