View Single Post
Old Posted May 14, 2017, 11:46 PM
Meh

When I look around my own neighborhood, I consider the places that are contributing to my neighborhood, and the number one thing I consider is retail. Living in your neighborhood and seeing things isn't enough. I don't even concern myself with things that might be considered an eyesore or something that I personally consider to be unsightly. I think more about is it the best use of that location? How many hours of the day does that business or shopping center (we have a few) operate? Is the land being used in the most practical and honest way? Does it close up at 5 pm or does it stay open a little later with businesses that I might need at the end of the day? Things like groceries and food and the services that I use most often are what I think of the most. And I think if those places weren't there, then how far would I have to go to acquire those goods and services? How much time would it take out of my day for me to get there? I also think about is something too redundant of a service or product because maybe we already have a few of those in the area? Do we really need another auto-parts store or another pharmacy so close to the other one that's only half a mile away?