View Single Post
Old Posted May 11, 2018, 2:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by prairieguy View Post
Thanks...that was my concern....that Capital Pointe might delay any thoughts on proceeding with the proposed Broadway site, if there were too many units still for sale in Riverlanding. But I would agree, Alt Centre...if there are only 10-15 units left in a 120 unit project, then I think that speaks well to the demand/market.
Despite your typo i would bet that Capital Pointe, and the Banks, and others, do factor into Urban Capital's decision making (even if just a tiny bit). E.g., they can learn from other's experiences. Location is important and personally I would love a prime unit in 1RL but if I were a Regina resident I would not consider CP (its other troubles notwithstanding). I was a little surprised that Urban Capital chose Broadway and not the Farmers Market for their next project, but it hindsight, I think they they chose wisely, although I would love to see River Landing fill in.

If there are indeed 10-15 units still available in 1RL, I am assuming (hoping) that these are the ones that are a really tough sell (e.g. fishbowl, limited view, etc) and that demand for the prime units has been good. To be honest I think the design of 1RL could have been a bit better, to minimize the "poor" units. But, so far, its simple, clean lines look good next to the gallery.

I think there is demand for downtown/urban living as long as the right product is available.